Ryder System Experienced Diesel Mechanic Technician in ATLANTA, Georgia
We are currently hiring an Experienced Diesel Mechanic Technician in Atlanta, GA!
*Diesel Engine Rebuild Experience Required*
$5,000 SIGN ON BONUS!
Monday - Friday
7:00 AM - 3:30 PM
Weekly Pay: $28.00-$30.00/hr
401(k), Medical Insurance, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Vacation Time (PTO), Paid Holidays, Boot Voucher, PPE, Uniforms, Paid Training, Certification Programs, On-The-Job Training, Discounts on Travel, Wireless Services, Electronics and goods and services!Paid time off for Covid Vaccinations!
Are you looking for an excellent place to work that offers great pay, benefits and incentives?
Do you want to work on new trucks using state of the art tools?
Do you want a rewarding career with one of the largest transportation companies in the country?
Do you want to work for a Fortune 500 Industry Leader?
If you answered “Yes” to these questions, you’ve got to check out Ryder!
Call or Text Chantel at (352)888-1673 for more info.
REBUILD TECHNICIAN: REBUILD TECHNICIAN IV
This category is used for the individual fully competent, with a high level of experience and expertise in the heavy duty starter and alternator rebuilding trade. This classification normally requires eight or more years of experience in the charging/starting rebuilding trade, or comparable education. The Rebuild Technician 4, under limited or no direction, is able to safely assemble components, assemble units, test units, perform diagnostics, and repair assemblies.
The Rebuild Technician IV works on rebuilding and special projects requiring significant judgment and also plays a key role in the leadership, development, and training of other grade technicians, and must be fully proficient in salvaging components, the use of all tools of the trade, shop machines and power tools. This individual meets or exceeds all production level requirements and must be actively involved in the continuous improvement process which includes, but is not limited to quality, cost reduction and improved procedures. The REBT4 should be able to assist in scheduling production in order to meet requirements, recognize problems, both immediate and potential; exercise independent judgment and discretion in resolving issues or making repairs. The REBT4 is able to assist in the shipping and receiving areas.
The REBT4 is responsible for inventory control. This individual is active in, and responsible for accident and injury prevention. This position may be required to provide cross-training, and mentor Rebuild Technician 1, 2, and 3.
High school diploma or GED equivalent
Vocational or technical certification in technical education from high school or trade school in mechanics, welding, electronics, or machinist preferred
Eight (8) years or more of experience in:
Advanced mechanical ability including the use of hand tools, shop equipment, machines, power and pneumatic tools
Advanced diagnostic and analytical skills using component test equipment
Eight (8) years or more of experience and highly skilled in the ability to:
Understand and follow procedures
Use industry related disassembly, assembly, diagnostic, and test equipment
Three (3) years or more of experience in basic computer skills preferred
Read, write, understand, and communicate effectively, in order to respond to written and verbal instructions in English for the purposes of safety, work instructions, and policies
Do basic mathematical calculations including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division
Lift up to 60 pounds unassisted
Stand/walk on concrete
Pass a Fit-for-Duty physical
Wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including but not limited to protective eye glasses, gloves and footwear as required
Efficiently use power, pneumatic, and hand tools
Demonstrated ability to perform in cross-functional team environment and utilize effective interpersonal skills
Knowledge, understanding, and application of safety practices related to heavy-duty alternator & starter remanufacturing process (expert level)
Knowledge and understanding of the proper handling of hazardous material (advanced level)
Knowledge and ability to properly record and understand failure codes (advanced level)
Knowledge of and the ability to use computers (advanced level)
Must have minimum tool requirement
Forklift operator certification preferred
This position requires for you to drive Ryder vehicles. In order to become a Ryder employee you must:
Must be able to obtain CDL within 6 months after hire
Pass a Ryder Drug Test
Pass a DOT physical
Pass a Ryder road test
Pass a Ryder Background and Motor vehicle check including drug and alcohol verification from previous employers for the last 3 years
Important Note: Additional requirements may be required in different locations and/or accounts.
Perform remanufacturing and repair of heavy duty starters and alternators including but not limited to:
• Properly separate, sort, and clean parts for remanufacturing
• Perform assembly of complete unit per OE manufacturer’s specifications
• Diagnose mechanical and electrical problems utilizing computerized diagnostic test equipment
• Complete mechanical inspections and repairs with minimal supervision
• Replace defective components as required
• Work with little or no supervision on most tasks
• Lift starters and alternators and related components; safely disassemble starters, alternators and related components; prepare parts components for rebuilding starters and alternators to specifications in a timely fashion
• Perform quality inspection of components used in the rebuilding process, determine disposition, and take appropriate action
Perform evaluation and processing of warranty returns of heavy duty starters and alternators including but not limited to:
• Visually inspect the unit for physical defects
• Utilize computerized diagnostic test equipment to evaluate unit
• Identify root cause of basic failures / conditions
• Perform repair to OE specification as required
• Process warrantable units utilizing appropriate failure codes to ensure proper credit to Ryder unit or outside customer
Perform preventive maintenance of equipment (including but not limited to):
• Check for wear
• Clean equipment
• Ensure all safety components are in place and operating properly
• Implement lock-out/tag-out procedures for unsafe equipment until equipment is repaired
• Participate in, and be responsible for, appropriate control of inventory
• Verify production sheets for chargeable parts signed out
• Restock parts shelves as required
• Participate in monthly inventory spot counts
• Participate in semi-annual physical count
• Other inventory related items
• Participate and/or find opportunities for process improvement, scrap reduction, machine efficiency increase, cost reduction, and salvage components used for remanufacturing
• Adhere to and complete the documentation requirements per the established procedures
• Coach and mentor other level technicians
• Be responsible for meeting or exceeding location production, quality, efficiency, and safety standards
• Perform facility maintenance and housekeeping duties and other duties as assigned; participate in safety and instructional training
• Work in accordance with all federal EPA and OSHA rules and regulations
• Be aware of and follow Rebuild Center-specific and corporate Safety and Security policies and procedures
• May work with and around hazardous materials and noise generating equipment
• Be punctual and reliable; work overtime as assigned
• Performs other duties as assigned
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Job Locations US-GA-ATLANTA
Posted Date 23 hours ago (6/28/2022 4:24 PM)
Requisition ID 2021-110206
Category Technicians/Service Employees
Employment Type Regular-Full time
Travel Requirements 0-10%
Position Code 8167